Is it annoying having to manually move funds to your hardware wallet once in a while?
We've got you covered. With today's release we are happy to introduce 2 most wanted features:
- 🔑 You can now stack sats directly into any external Bitcoin wallet
- ♻️ While creating a recurring order it's now possible to share the XPUB of your wallet (if you want) and receive every new payout to a fresh new Bitcoin address
Both features are completely opt-in and they will become available only if the «advanced buy options» is activated in advanced settings.
Simply create a new order indicating the Bitcoin address where you want to receive your payout. In the following example we will use a hardware wallet connected to Electrum, but the same concepts apply to any other wallet.
- Copy/scan the Bitcoin address where you want to receive your sats
- Paste it in the Address field in the Bitkipi app and proceed to the next step
- The app will show you a message and you'll need to sign it using Electrum (right click on the address > Sign/verify message)
- Paste the signature in the Signature field in the Bitkipi app
- Confirm and create the new order
Your order is now set and you can proceed sending the payment from your bank account as usual. The corresponding payout will land to your external wallet 🙂
In the case of recurring orders, receiving payouts to the same Bitcoin address is not ideal. Since all transactions are public on the Bitcoin network, sending different transactions to the same address link them together.
You'll have the option to share the XPUB of your wallet, so you'll receive every new payout to a fresh unused address.
This feature is opt-in because you might not want to share the XPUB with us.
We do care about your privacy and that's the reason why the app won't accept an XPUB from wallets already used before or in the case the address you want to receive to is not the first address derived from the XPUB. This is to make sure you do not unintentionally share with us the transaction history of a wallet you already used.
Stay in the loop!
Don't miss out on new content from Bitkipi. Subscribe to our newsletter 😉